La Liga will make its eagerly-anticipated return to action after a three-month hiatus on Thursday evening as Sevilla prepare to lock horns with local rivals Real Betis at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium.
The two sides are separated by 14 points in the table, with Sevilla sitting third while Betis find themselves in 12th ahead of El Gran Derbi.
- Oliver Torres and Fernando are both available after missing Sevilla’s last LaLiga involvement months ago through suspension.
- The Brazilian should anchor the midfield, while Nemanja Gudelj sits the first game back out due to an accumulation of yellow cards.
- Lucas Ocampos has been carrying a minor adductor problem but should be fit to start on the left-hand side of the attack.
- Juanmi is the only player that Rubi is missing for the LaLiga restart, with Betis otherwise having a full complement.
- Loren Moron should be preferred to Borja Iglesias upfront for the away side, after signing a new deal at the club.
- Edgar is expected to continue in midfield, despite William Carvalho being fit to feature.
- Sevilla will be thrown straight in at the deep end upon their return to competitive action, with a Seville derby the most intense way to get their LaLiga campaign back underway.
- The hosts were unbeaten in seven home matches before the break and will be looking to continue that form at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.
- Real Betis were able to break a bad run of form by beating Real Madrid just before the break but have been previously very inconsistent this season.